SOUND MEDITATION: Take a moment to enjoy some good vibrations
There is no denying it, sound evokes powerful emotions. It moves us, it sooths us, it is a part of the fabric of our lives. It is everywhere and has an impact on how we feel and perceive the world around us. It is also an easy way to incorporate meditation into each and every day. Below is a beginner’s guide to sound meditation.
May you enjoy the good vibrations of your surroundings and your being as you practice
- Sit or lay down in a comfortable position.
- Take three deep inhales and exhales.
- Notice how the body softens with each breath.
- Draw awareness to the furthest sound. Perhaps it is sounds from the street, or is coming from other parts of the building. Just notice the sound: the intensity of the sound, the frequency. Notice how you feel as you hear the sound.
- Take an inhale and an exhale and then draw awareness to the sound just a bit closer than the first sound. Perhaps it is the sound of a dog barking, or someone opening a door. Just notice the sound: the intensity of the sound, the frequency. Notice how you feel as you hear the sound.
- Continue this until you have drawn your awareness to the sound of your breath. Just notice the sound: the intensity of the sound and frequency of the breath, the frequency. Notice how you feel as you hear your breath.
- Sit here for several minutes just noticing the sounds around you. Relax and breathe.
© 2017-2018 Lotus Seed Meditations and RJ Lisander All Rights Reserved